Sunday, October 23, 2011

{more birthday celebrating!}

I'm well aware that this post is a little overdue....we had his party over two weeks ago. but, better late than never....Of course this year, we had to celebrate Cash's birthday twice...once in Texas and once in Nebraska.  I got the inspiration for the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" because Cash absolutely loves the book.  He loves putting his little fingers into the "holes" of the food/leaf.  He does it every. single. time. never. fails.  And when Mr. Cattlebuyer was a babe, he too, had a "caterpillar" cake/party.  Cool right?

For this party I got a little more daring with the "cake" and we put together a Caterpillar cupcake "cake".  The green cupcakes were the body and I made a small round smash cake for the head of the caterpillar.


I made the banner from felt...so easy.  I used a font template to cut out all the letters...most people said I was crazy, but I figured I can reuse this banner for atleast a couple years! And it really didn't take that long...good thing we named our baby with a short lettered name! :) We covered the wall with some left over gift wrap and protected the floor with a plastic tablecloth!



The "caterpillar" cake....it was a hit! I also picked up the jumbo lollipops at the dollar tree for the older kiddos....I'm sure their parents really appreciated the gesture!  ;)

All the party decor was super easy...I used a roll of target gift wrap, cut out the shape of a leaf and punched holes in them, and hot glued pom-pom's together to create the caterpillars!


I made the party hat's using a template I found online and a stack of scrapbooking paper in different colors and hot glued some elastic and a pom-pom on top.  Of course the birthday boy's got a little more decorated....yes, I'm fully aware he is going to kill me some day for making him wear that party hat! :)


We did the cake "smash" at the end of the party....



Overall it was an awesome time for everyone! We created lots of memories to share with our nugget for years to come...even if it means he may hate me for putting him in that silly hat! :)  I'm so thankful for the wonderful friends and family that we have that came to share in the celebration of our boy. We are so blessed!

Happy Sunday Everyone!




2 comments:

  1. So cute, it's crazy how fast they grow!

    I love the catapillar cake what a cute idea and decor looks great! :)

    When my daughter was little, we always had to have 2 parties too!

    Take care and have a nice weekend!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative- love everything!!! You did a great job. That pic of the smash cake is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...