Friday, October 21, 2011

{friday random-ness}

Happy Friday all, since usually my brain is feeling exhausted by this point in the week.  I've decided I'm going to start doing completely random posts on Friday's...mmmmk? mmmmk.

Just pretend like we are both small talking over a cup of coffee at my house this is what I'd talk to you about:

I realized I still hadn't sent out any thank you cards from Cash's birthday party which was over 2 weeks ago....horrible mommy.  Luckily I had some leftover cardstock from Cash's 1st birthday invitations, so I whipped up some fun and simple thank you cards this week:



They were super simple to make and were made with all my leftover supplies! I just cut a rainbow of triangles, stamped on my letters, lightly glued them on to the card stock, and stitched across the top of them with my sewing machine! Pretty easy!



....................................................................................................................................................................


I also wound up running into Dollar General this week for some mailing envelopes and I found these ugly white plastic urns:



Except when I checked out: they were only 90 cents instead of the $3.00 price tag they had on them! Score!

So I took them home and a couple coats of black matte spray paint later:



Best $1.80 I ever spent :)  I can totally invision these urns being used year round: mini Christmas trees in the winter, stacked toparies in the spring and summer, and pumpkins in the fall! Perfect!



....................................................................................................................................................................



I also discovered thee best pumpkin bread recipe...yes, yes I know I shared the world's easiest recipe last week, but I've found something even yummier! (is that even a word?) Anyways, you have to try this recipe too...although it does take a few more ingredients than the other "bread" its delish and still super easy!

Pumpkin Bread:
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin ( not filling)
1 c oil
1 c water
1 pack mini chocolate chips

bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes. yields 2 9 inch loaf pans

(I would have shared  a picture with you, but unfortunately the loaf is 3/4 gone already...I told you it was good.)

....................................................................................................................................................................



Also, a couple new pairs of baby booties for sale in my Etsy shop...I'm going to try to restock next week! :)




If you want first dibs on either pair of these: email me at moderngracedesigns@hotmail.com and I'll hook ya up! I'm selling them for $20.00 each

....................................................................................................................................................................


Last but not least, since I love sharing secrets with you....I heard Target has 20% off all their women's clothing today only, AND Old Navy has 25% off today and tomorrow off everything. 

Go Shopping online and help the economy! :)

....................................................................................................................................................................



Okay thats all the random-ness I got for you today....Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

xxoo


5 comments:

  1. Love those thank you cards! So cute and unique. Thanks for sharing.

    Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those thank you notes! We just had a little girl and I am running out of card right and left- these would be such a great solution! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those thank you's are fantastic! Simple and chic...great job! Would you share here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/csh-thursday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These thank you cards are so cute! I've got a couple of cards to send out. I just might make my own now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gals! Y'all made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...