Friday, October 14, 2011

{fall randomness}

This is our first "fall" in Texas....so far we've been enjoying it, but I must say I miss all the pretty fall foliage in Nebraska.  I guess you really don't appreciate things like that until you aren't around them anymore....it seems the leaves here will never change color....
Anywho.  In honor of "fall" I tried the worlds easiest recipe ever....

Pumpkin "Bread" (I use the term "bread" lightly since we are using a box of cake mix...) Call it whatever you like, it's goooood.

1 box of Yellow Cake mix....or Spice Cake Mix
1 can of pure pumpkin (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

Mix...Pour into greased and floured pan...bake for 35 min. at 350 F and enjoy! You won't be disappointed, my boys loved it!




and just to prove to you all, our weather has been weird....here's a picture of the hail we got the other day!


and I was feeling "crafty" yesterday so I whipped up some of these pumpkins, since I can't seem to find a pumpkin patch anywhere close to where we live....and best of all these one's never die! :) A little fabric scrap, fiberfill, and embroidery floss and wah-la! I put them on my candlesticks for now...




That's all I got for my fall randomness today...hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Cute pumpkins!!! I cant believe Tx doesnt have pumpkin patches!!!! I be tit is a big change from Nebraska! But you will prolly like bout Jan when its not teen or single digits often!!

    Thanks for letting me stop by!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...