Monday, September 5, 2011

{nautical nursery}


Starting this fall I will be taking e-design clients for the first time.  I've been wanting to take on this new chapter for some time, and now is the perfect time to get my dream off and running! No time like the present right? I am soooo excited!

I will have more information posted on my blog this week, so of course y'all will be the first to know all the details! :)

As for today, I came up with this fun and nautical nursery design board for a set of new parents.  I'm invisioning a fairly neutral color palate with pops of navy blue accents.  The restoration hardware baby crib is vintage chic, but totally safe and comfortable for a baby in the 21st century.  I always say choose a crib that is completely timeless and gender neutral so it will stay with you forever.  The rocker with vintage leather and nail head detailing gives a touch of masculinity without going overboard.  It's accomadating for both mom and dad plus completely comfortable and easy to clean.  The mariner's sconces will flank the crib on either side.  The wood whale wall art will hang opposite the crib and sconce wall and add the perfect touch of whimsy above the wood changing table.  An mirrored ship wheel will add a "hint" of the more traditional nautical side along with the navy and white striped fabric drapery.  Top off the room with a few perfect accessories like the stacked whale mobile and a couple monogramed preppy pillows and this room is garunteed to please mom, dad, and baby!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Labor Day, I'll be here enjoying it with my sweet boys! Speaking of, one of them is still sleeping....

Let's just say, it's not the baby....

Better go wake him! ;)

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...