Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{wiww + diy} week 17

I'm back! :)

Sort of, this is by far my weakest attempt at a wiww....sorry friends.  Our AC has been broken since we've been home from vacation! And, of course, as my horrible luck would have it, its been ridiculously hot in West Texas since then!

So you can tell by this photo we've been living in a sauna....Sunday was the one day I put on something other than a tank top and shorts and snagged this {blah} picture of myself.


white cardi: gap
aqua ruffled tank: me
jeans: gap
camel boots: wal mart
amazonite bracelets: me
pearl studs: f21

the only thing i'm sort of proud of in the above picture is my diy ruffled tank:

 

I had leftover jersey fabric from prior projects, and Mr. Cattlebuyer had to work Saturday morning, so it was just nugget and I hanging out.  I was browsing through pinterest with coffee in hand and sure enough, I saw my inspiration and away I went! (that's one thing about creative people ....once we get inspiration, nothing stops us!) It was super easy...although I screwed up the first time, cutting the jersey fabric the wrong direction which resulted in a very small, tight, non-stretching tanktop.  Luckily the second cutting worked like a charm! :)

I added the ruffled jersey around the neck and I had myself a new shirt!  Obviously, I was so excited I wore it to church the next day! :)

Hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday! Come back and see me again next week!



4 comments:

  1. Such as cute top! I wish I had this kind of skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! wanna make me one? :)
    xo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to try this! haha...cute! Found you on wiww link up! :)

    -Erin
    www.gracefilledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! That ruffle tank is fabulous. I need to work on my sewing skills and make me one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...