Friday, June 17, 2011

{prints}

My senior year of college I was frantically throwing together my last semester of spring classes.  I didn't care what I took until my advisor told me that I had enough credits to get a minor in Art if I just added two "art" classes to my final semester.  Art minor?! Sure why not! How hard could it be? :)

I tried to get into a photography class, but got kicked out after the first day of class {didn't know I need pre-requisites!} So I opted for a drawing class and a printmaking class! I had noooo idea what the heck I was getting myself into.  The drawing class alone, nearly put me over the edge when I heard the words...."nude models"......WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!?

They seriously do that?

totally weird, totally disgusted, totally not for me. one of thee weirdest experiences of my life, hands down.
Suddenly my "easy" art minor was sounding not so good.

I survived the "nude models" but am still traumatized to this day.
The printmaking class however took me by surprise! I actually enjoyed the act of "printing"...we did etchings, screen prints, and a few others that I don't remember {sorry professor jewel!}

If I had know that I was going to love printmaking as much as I did I might have tried linoleum prints, similar to these by Hugo Guinness! Aren't they quirky, whimsical, and fun?! I love them!



They keep popping up around blog-land and I can't ignore them anymore







my current favorite is this little guy:



This would be super cute in Cash's room!

If I can track down my college  "prints" I will take photo's so you all can see my stuff!
It' isn't near is good, but they are fun...and I even did a "tractor" themed print! Coincidence?! I think not. :)

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...