Sunday, April 3, 2011

{white}

I do remember back in the day, i used to stongly [ DISLIKE ] white rooms.

blah.
boring.
uninteresting.
white.

I remember literally crying to my mom to "pahhhhllllleeeeeassseee let me paint my
ugly.boring.blah.uninteresting white walls!"

my begging and crying didn't work, I was stuck with white walls for most of my growing up life.

she made me live with my ugly white basement walls. (re-sell purposes ya know?)

fast-forward 15 years....I now wish I HAD white walls! (yes you heard me right!)

(currently we are renting  2,700 sq. foot house that is solely decorated in floral (ugly) wallpaper, faux painting everywhere, and lots of  dark colors (think 90's burgandy and hunter green) I do not care so much for......I am grateful for our home, but there is nothing worse than being a interior designer stuck in someone else's dated home.  I will say I'm trying to make the most of it.....trying.)  

so now I can honestly say sorry mom. you were so right.

(by the way.... [since i'm a mom now]...mom's are ALWAYS right!) :)

i'm loving clean. fresh. interesting. fabulous. white walls now.

funny how time can change your opinion on things huh?

Hope you enjoy some pretty white rooms....and if you have a pretty white room, i'm a wee-bit jealous.










 images found here

Happy Sunday!




1 comment:

  1. I agree, I love color, but am really loving the "white" look right now. It doesn't seem so stark and sterile as what it used to seem like when we grew up with white walls. Now it can be warm and inviting.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...