Sunday, March 13, 2011

{baby steps}




being a stay at home momma is priceless....i love every minute of every day with my sweet boy.  but learning to live without bringing home a physical paycheck is HARD. i was raised to make my own money since i was young.  i had my 1st "real" job when i was 14 working at a local gas station/tire business.  i had ABSOLUTELY no idea what i was doing, i'm pretty sure some people got away with some SWEET deals on tires and services because of little ol' me. have you ever worked with tires before? all those numbers and abbreviations?! i had no idea, try being the only girl and about 6 men screaming numbers and letters off to you....i'm sure i screwed up many, many times!

  i worked hard all summer at my first "real" job and saved nearly every penny to go on a trip to London and Paris with my girlfriend at the end of summer.  it was amazing.  sometimes i miss that feeling....of achievement, accomplishment, responsibility, and bringing home some physical $$$.  even though, i know.....the money we are saving on daycare and the true gift we are giving our son far out weigh my own "selfish" feeling of bringing home some hard earned dough.  sometimes it's nice to contribute to the pot.  thus, i'm going to work super hard to start up my etsy shop in the upcoming month. 

So stay tuned for some fun stuff coming to my shop soon....I can't wait to share all my goodies with you guys! I will also be hosting a gift-away this Wednesday on my wiww post.  i little gift to my readers to say thank you for reading and supporting my blog.


hope you all had an amazing weekend, praying for all those effected by the japan tragedy, truly devastating.




2 comments:

  1. I think what you are able to do (staying home with Cash) is very rewarding for you and for him.
    It's hard when you use to bring home money and now you don't... sometimes you feel like you can't go and buy things just because you are not bringing home money anymore. But then you realize you are doing one of the best things for your little one.
    SMILE and take eveyday as if it is your last. Know that you have done what is an amazing thing for Cash!
    He is growing up so quickly! Getting so big and has such a great personality.
    I love your website... Taylor asked me the other day if I am blog stocking you. I just laughed!
    Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! Oh my Word....didn't know you had a blog! That's awesome! Thanks for the encouragement! I'll probably blog stock you now as well....we can be "blog stockers" together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...